Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Return of The Jackdaw's Nest

Well, sort of. NaPoWriMo has ended for this year, and I'm pooped -- too pooped to post a new entry here on May Day. So, for the moment, I'm going to post a link to an essay of mine that's just come out: "Marin Sorescu's Poetry: Some Observations" in the new issue of Avatar Review. It's much more detailed than the earlier post I did here on Sorescu and I hope will pass muster until I can begin making new entries in a couple of days.

And as a bonus, my favoite May Day poem and one of the finest short lyrics in English:

Corinna's Going A-Maying


Comments:
Hi Hedgie,

I l-o-v-e love this poem, and have for three decades. Thanks for putting it up.

As I was reading it this time, for the first time, I put together that "Corinna" is the same name as in the old rockabilly/blues number that Muddy Waters does so well, "Corinna Corinna". I went searching for that just to hear it again, and bumped into John Lennon's version on this page: Untitled. What a treat. It's about the 20th song down, and on the left.

Anyway, I'll have to dig into my CDs and find Muddy Waters doing it.

Thanks for getting me going.

Yours,
Rus
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?